Package design is a whole new ball game. If you don’t know the way around, you’ll get lost pretty quick. I’ve compiled a list of helpful pointers for when you are creating a package design:
- Figure out what it’s for, who it’s for, and why it’s needed.
- Research different competitors that are in the area to see what you’re working against.
- Gain design inspiration by utilizing google images or Pinterest for unique concepts.
- Create a unique, simple, and entertaining package design.
- Measure out the dimensions so you know what to look for once you go to print.
- Sketch, Sketch, Sketch!
- Create a model for yourself so you know how to place the images/text appropriately.
I’m sure I could go on for days, but I will stop while I am ahead. I hope these helpful pointers really help!