Today, the EDM industry is in full blossom. It has gained a significant amount of attention within the past 3 years. This has influenced a lot of local artists to come out of their shell and share their art with the world. Sean Bannard, member of DV-US a EDM duo group based out of Raleigh, NC sat down with me to share how they have gotten where they are today.
- What Social Media channels do you guys use?
– We use Facebook, SoundCloud, Twitter, and Instagram.
- How much time do you guys collectively spend each week on Social Media Marketing?
– Collectively, about 40 hours a week if not even more.
- How do you both engage visitors to participate and share your content?
– We do contests, give out incentives based on the number of followers/likes we get, we post memes, and also post live footage of our shows and other random funny content.
- How does this social media engagement benefit the you both?
– It benefits us because it gains us followers, allows us to connect with a wide range of people in this industry and other industries, and also allows us to get more bookings.
- How does this social media engagement benefit your audience?
– They receive free merchandise, allows them to keep in contact with us/gives them insight to our next show.
So for those of you who are in the EDM industry, how have you gained your success? I am truly interested in hearing some other point of views!